Your Home’s Roof Is Leaking?? Oh-no!
While it’s never a time in a homeowner’s life that sparks joy, roof replacement is an undeniable inevitability of homeownership if you own the home long enough. However, as undeniable as replacing your home’s roof may be, no one wants to be slammed with a roof replacement need earlier than expected.
Sadly, in the cases of premature roof replacement, many homeowners either selected to go with a roofing company that convinced them roof replacement was the only option (when they could’ve gotten away with a repair) or someone in the history of the home’s ownership overlooked roof maintenance making early replacement necessary.
If you want maximum longevity out of your roof, you want to make sure that you get it inspected periodically.
How Often Should I Get a Roof Inspection?
Periodic roof inspections are a good idea. At the very least, you should have your roof inspected every three to five years. However, if we have a particularly stormy season or you are hit by a treacherous hailstorm, excessive winds, or other destructive natural occurrences, you may want to consider a roof inspection prior to that.
At DMW Roofing and Restoration, we offer a free roof inspection so money should never be a reason to live without understanding the level of protection your roof is providing.
After years of weather exposure, your St. Louis area roofing system will start to wear and break down. This breakdown will eventually cause leaks that can lead to structural damage to your home if left unchecked.
The professional roofers of DMW Roofing and Restoration can provide a comprehensive roof inspection to determine the condition of your roof and make recommendations for repair that will prevent (further) damage.
Here’s Some Good News: A Roof Inspection Doesn’t Always Mean A Roof Replacement
Sometimes damage can be rectified through repair and spot replacement. However, what you can be sure of is that every roof inspection provides you with peace of mind. You’ll have confidence that we will never tell you that you need a roof replacement – unless you do.
We will also do our best to analyze and communicate approximately how much time is left on your roof. While we can’t foresee specific hailstorms or excessive weather issues, we can help you prepare mentally for approximately how long you have left on your roof. Our customers really seemed to appreciate this as no one wants to be surprised by a roof that doesn’t live up to its longevity expectations.
Here are just a few things we look for when inspecting a roof:
- Missing, loose, or worn shingles or tile
- Split or worn wood shingles
- Discoloration of roofing shingles or panels
- Rusty or loose seams on metal roofs
- Granules from shingles collecting in gutters
- Loose flashing in valleys or around chimneys, skylights, and vents
- Blocked roof vents
- Mold growth
- Stains or dampness on underside of roof decking
- Loose or leaking gutters
- Soft spots or excessive give when the shingles are pressed down
Don’t let a worn or damaged roof cause damage to your home. Call DMW Roofing and Restoration to schedule a thorough, professional inspection of your St. Louis area roofing system to help head off disaster and expensive repairs.
What Our Customers Have Come to Expect from DMW Roofing and Restoration
Are you wondering what a roof replacement entails? This is what you can expect from the process:
- Free inspection. Most of our roof replacements begin with a free inspection. Our homeowners may have noticed signs of wear and tear on their roofs from the street or yard. They may think—based on the time the roof has been on the home, that is likely time to replace it. Homeowners then call us and schedule a free inspection. As their hometown roofer, I’ll come and see if they need a full roof replacement or merely a repair.
- Walking the roof. Our roofing professionals then go up onto the roof and perform a visual inspection as well as a tactical one. This is an important differentiator. Sometimes roof malfunction can be easily seen while other times, the shingles may look fine but maybe soft to the touch indicating that there could be some form of rot underneath. We also take a look at rafters in the attic. During this process, we are looking for signs of water damage. If you see water or an indication of water being present in the past, it’s likely getting in through the roof.
- Draw up/present findings. Our estimator will then take a look at what the examination uncovered and make a determination whether roof replacement or repair is the best option. Our team will present the findings to you and discuss options. Many homeowners like to get a second or third opinion/bid before making their selection. We encourage them to do so. We may not always be the cheapest option, but we often provide the best value because all of our costs are included in the estimate. There are no hidden fees. If you see something in our estimate that is not in another company’s bid, we suggest you inquire about it with them. Some companies charge very little for the basics and make their money in the upcharges. The problem with this is that sometimes you don’t have a choice about an upcharge and it’s something they need to perform in order to preserve the roof. If that’s the case, you’ll be paying for it anyway. We think it’s much better to know ahead of time what you’re paying for. No one wants to be surprised once you’ve already signed off on the budget.
- Scheduling. We will schedule a time to do your roof replacement project that works for your schedule. You do not need to pay until the materials arrive. We will be there when we say we will, and we’ll take every precaution to maintain the beauty and sanctity of your home and neighborhood.
- Surprise and delight. No one expects to be wowed by their roofer. They just want the work done and they want it to be of good value and disrupt their lives as little as possible. When we do a job, we’re looking for ways to do more than just the bare minimum. We want to surprise and delight our customers and our work isn’t done until we do. That’s why we receive excellent reviews, referrals, and compliments from neighbors who have watched us work on the roof.
Contact us today at (636) 441-7663 to determine your roofing needs or fill out the form on this page to set up your free roofing estimate.